Livonia, MICH. (June 30, 2020) – The upcoming Fourth of July weekend brings the need to travel, however, with coronavirus cases still lingering, many will opt to drive instead of taking to the sky. With increased car travel, proper tire maintenance is more important than ever.
Before hitting the road for the holidays, there are multiple steps travelers can do to ensure there are no bumps along the way:
How drivers can prepare their vehicles at home:
- Check tire pressure and ensure it matches the placard value.
- Make sure the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) light is OFF.
- If you notice anything out of the ordinary, take the vehicle to the shop.
When to take the vehicle to the shop:
- If you notice a slow leak in the tire and the pressure doesn’t match the placard value.
- The TPMS light is flashing or solid after the ignition is turned on.
- If you need a tire rotation or new tires.
Vehicles have been sitting idle in driveways for months and it’s likely that any travel this holiday weekend is the longest distance that has been driven. Don’t wait, make sure your vehicle is ready for the road.
About ATEQ TPMS Tools
ATEQ TPMS Tools, LC is a division of ATEQ which was founded in 1975. We are the number one world supplier in the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) field by supplying an entire range of TPM activation tools for both assembly lines and tire repair shops.
Emily Humpert – email@example.com